Sunday, April 08, 2007

It's Not About the Bike - Great Book!

I have been a huge Lance Armstrong fan for years and years and years. I have been an avid cyclist since I was a teen, and followed every one of Lance's wins daily during his 7EVEN victorious Tours. But, I have never taken the time to read the books that he wrote about his journey. This Easter Weekend, I took the opportunity to read the book (I found it in a Value Village, while looking for chapter books for my voracious reading daughters). I was skeptical (man- I try not to do that!) at first, because I have read other sports memoirs and left them dissapointed. But, this book was truly not about the bike. The bike was beautiful, the Tours were fantastic, but the book left me believing that Lance is the real deal. I have not felt so inspired for a long time.

If you need a pick-me-up to help you through the LSAT preparation, the law school application process, the 1L mid-terms or final exams, or the articling or summer job application process, pick up this book. Even if you don't like cycling, you will be inspired.

1 comment: