- I purchased a historical building in the small town where I live. I gutted it, renovated it, installed 4 offices, a reception area and a boardroom. I have rented out two of the offices to strategic tenants.
- We renovated a leased space in another city where we have our main office. We redid a bunch of walls, the carpets, doors, paint, etc.
- I put together endless pieces of furniture! I still have many blisters on my hands from the stupid screwdrivers.
- I built, along with a designer, our new website www.lelaw.ca.
- I held a grand opening
- I have been working my *** off, as file after file has been coming in the office located in my town of residence. I am amazed by the instant success of this endeavor, but not so surprised as I should be. Alberta is a booming economy, and the $ have trickled into my town. Real estate is fantastic. I also ran a "will special" for the last month, and have been inundated, both with requests for wills, but lots of referral work as a result of will clients.
- We are in the process of purchasing another building in the other town where we have an office, renovating it and making it rock!
- We are in the process of getting the proper staff in our offices (this has proven to be a great challenge, and a real balancing act - I have spent way too much time doing adminstrative work, when I could be concentrating on business development).
Thursday, September 14, 2006
It's been almost a month since I posted last, and I won't apologize. I've been busy! Starting up 3 law offices, straight out of my article year has been a challenge, let me tell you. A quick synopsis: