Monday, November 20, 2006

Litigation vs. Solicitation

When I first started law school (and maybe even before), I pictured myself doing a lot more corporate and commercial work. I didn't really see myself as a litigator. Over time, I have started to change my mind. I am starting to accept that in order to actually get something done - to actually affect the world around me, I am going to have to litigate. I am going to have to struggle through the rules of court and the rules of evidence and to muddle my way through trial preparation, writs of enforcement and demands for particulars. I am going to have to fight for access to justice for those who hire me on their behalf.

Actually, I feel really good today because of my successes. I feel really good that I was able to teach myself new things, and to help a client in need. That's what it is all really about.

No comments:

Post a Comment