Monday, April 24, 2006

Law Articles: Closing in on becoming a lawyer

Time stretches on in these last two months before my bar call. I just finished a judge's rotation at the courthouse, which was fantastic! It was one of the highlights of my article. I got to meet a lot of the judges and justices and see first hand what they do each day. They willingly gave us a ton of information that will help us to be successful in the court system. It was pretty inspiring to get the real information straight from the judge's mouth.

I am keeping very busy finishing up a bunch of files, doing various research for lawyers, and getting ready to open my own law firm. That has been a ton of work so far, and it's tough to fit it in with everything else.

To think that it has been almost 4 months since I embarked upon this career, and a year before that when I began preparing madly. Was it worth it? So far, yes. The next year will really provide the answer to that question. Law school was fantastic. The article was great. Both were harder than hell. Now real practice will provide the true test. Now I will really get to feel what it is like to be a lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment